Readvertisement: Human Resources Manager (P4), Jakarta, Indonesia, Fixed-Term, Post # 68406
UNICEF works in some of the world’s toughest places, to reach the world’s most disadvantaged children. To save their lives. To defend their rights. To help them fulfill their potential.
Across 190 countries and territories, we work for every child, everywhere, every day, to build a better world for everyone.
And we never give up.
For every child, equal opportunities!
UNICEF Indonesia is looking for an experienced HR Manager to provide HR leadership and implement HR services for the Country Office. This is a sub-regional HR Manager post based in Indonesia and will have an over sight function for two other offices in the region.
For more information on UNICEF Indonesia Country Office visit the website: https://www.unicef.org/indonesia/
How can you make a difference?
The HR Manager, within their area of responsibility, is accountable for implementing HR services that enhance the capacity of their clients to deliver on their business goals and objectives. In doing so, the incumbent demonstrates the ability to anticipate HR-related needs and develop subsequent plans and solutions that align HR management with business objectives.
The key responsibilities include:
Management of Unit
- Support the Chief of Section in establishing the annual work plan, setting priorities/targets and performance measurements.
- Monitor work progress and ensure results are achieved according to schedule and performance standards.
- Establish clear individual performance objectives, goals and timelines; and provide timely guidance to enable the team to perform their duties responsibly and efficiently.
Technical HR Leadership
- Provide technical leadership in one or more HR specialty areas with responsibility for reviewing the work of other Professional and General Service staff for compliance with principles and concepts, policies, regulations and rules as well as for soundness of judgement and conclusions.
- Develop, implement and monitor the interpretation and application of new human resources policies, practices and procedures in area of specialization to meet the evolving needs of the organization including formulating the position of the organization on policies in area of HR specialization and determining the appropriate application of rules and regulations to highly sensitive or contentious individual cases having implications for other HR systems and UNICEF as a whole.
- Serve as the single point of contact for his/her client portfolio on advice pertaining to all aspects of the employment life cycle
- Work with clients to help fulfill their goals through advising on how to attract, retain and motivate staff of the highest caliber.
- Provide accurate and timely advice to clients on HR processes and policies, ensuring the highest level of client-orientation.
- Proactively advise clients on the resolution of human resources issues ensuring equitable and transparent solutions that protects both the staff and organizations interests in accordance with policies, regulations and procedures.
- Promote the organizational goals and targets for gender equity and cultural diversity.
Strategic Human Resources
- Liaise with the HQ Divisions, regional and country offices to support and contribute to corporate HR strategy formulation and global implementation. Provide feedback and make recommendations on the establishment and improvement of HR systems, policies and processes.
- Keep abreast, research, benchmark, and implement best and cutting-edge practices in HR management and contribute to the development of global policies, procedures and introduce innovation through sharing of best practices and knowledge learned.
- Responsible for strategic human resources forecasting for his/her clients including identifying future human resource requirements in terms of numbers, types and levels of staff, and identifying emerging trends in profile requirements.
- Helps design optimal organizational, staffing structures and levels, and, in consultation with senior management develops standards and benchmarks staffing norms.
Implementation of assigned Human Resources Services
- Provide support to various or one specific HR occupation (recruitment, job classification, career development, performance management, data analytics, learning & development etc.) to help their supervisors in implementing efficient client services that help either attract, retain and/or motivate staff of the highest caliber.
- When assigned casework in the relevant area on either a routine or non-routine basis, analyze and synthesize issues and problems, and interpret established, formal guidelines to address and recommend solutions or further actions required.
Learning and Capacity Development
- In collaboration with business owners, design and deliver learning plans for staff to enhance their knowledge and build skills in new areas.
- Contributes to the mapping of competencies for all staff in assigned client portfolio, assisting in the development of a comprehensive framework in support of the development of the talent pipeline.
- Recommend efficient and cost-effective learning products which strengthen staff capacity to contribute effectively to business goals.
- Participate as a resource person in capacity building initiatives to enhance the competencies of clients/stakeholders.
- Provide orientation briefings to new staff.
- Provide day-to-day performance and talent management guidance to line management (e.g., coaching, counseling, career development, career conversations, and disciplinary actions)
HR Data Analytics
- Interpret and analyze HR data to help inform strategic decision making on HR processes and strategies.
- Develop data collection systems to optimize data quality.
- Coordinate with country offices and partners to provide assistance in their HR information management.
To qualify as a champion for every child you will have…
- An Advanced University Degree in human resource management, business management, international relations, psychology or another related field is required.
- A first University Degree in a relevant field combined with 2 additional years of professional experience may be accepted in lieu of an Advanced University Degree.
- A minimum of eight years of progressive professional work experience in human resource management in an international organization and/or large corporation is required.
- Developing country work experience, experience in Asia and/or familiarity with emergency is an asset.
- Fluency in English is required. Knowledge of another official UN language (Arabic, Chinese, French, Russian or Spanish) or a local language is an asset.
For every Child, you demonstrate…
UNICEF’s core values of Commitment, Diversity and Integrity and core competencies in Communication, Working with People and Drive for Results.
The competencies required for this post are: Leading & Supervising (II); Formulating Strategies & Concepts (II); Analyzing (II); Applying Technical Expertise (II); Planning & Organizing (II).
View our competency framework at
UNICEF is committed to diversity and inclusion within its workforce, and encourages all candidates, irrespective of gender, nationality, religious and ethnic backgrounds, including persons living with disabilities, to apply to become a part of the organization.
UNICEF has a zero-tolerance policy on conduct that is incompatible with the aims and objectives of the United Nations and UNICEF, including sexual exploitation and abuse, sexual harassment, abuse of authority and discrimination. UNICEF also adheres to strict child safeguarding principles. All selected candidates will, therefore, undergo rigorous reference and background checks, and will be expected to adhere to these standards and principles.
Mobility is a condition of international professional employment with UNICEF and an underlying premise of the international civil service.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted and advance to the next stage of the selection process.
This is a re-advertisement and applicants who had previously applied will be considered, and need not re-apply.
Opening Date Tue Aug 20 2019 23:30:00 GMT-0500 (Central Daylight Time) SE Asia Standard Time
Closing Date Wed Sep 04 2019 11:55:00 GMT-0500 (Central Daylight Time)
Fresh Graduate Internship Program 2020 - CommercialMubadala PetroleumIndonesiaKontrak, Magang, Fresh GradMubadala Petroleum Fresh Graduate Internship Program is an excellent way to gain exposure in international oil and gas company and as7 minute agoBagikanIndonesia
HR AssistantSamsung C&TKarawangRequirement: o Indonesia citizen (other than Indonesia, automatically reject) o Possesses Bachelor Degree in related field o Has experience in related field7 minute agoBagikanKarawang
Systems Completion LeadQatarPartA: Job SpecificationJob Location : Qatar Onshore/Offshore & Indonesia Job Purpose· Management and review of System Completion dossier (MC, RFC, RFSU,15 minute agoBagikanIndonesia
Head of Sales SI PSSP.T. Siemens IndonesiaDefines and ensures implementation of sales strategy, policies and guidelines, in line with the overall business strategy of the assigned organizational unit. * Ensures15 minute agoBagikanJakarta
HR StaffPT Fonecyc Technology IndonesiaJakartaJob Descriptions: Consult with employers to identify needs and preferred qualifications.Interview applicants about their experience, education and skills.Contact16 minute agoBagikanJakarta